Facebook Messenger is a great platform for those trying to have a little nice chit-chat time. One of the things that make texting over Messenger exciting is its video-sharing feature. You can share different videos with your friends and have them share them with you. This way you will have something to talk about in case the conversations go all bland. However, what if you want to keep that one video that cracked you up the most? Is there any way to save it or download it directly? Well, in this article we will be looking at that exactly as I show you how you can download Facebook Messenger videos on Android/iPhone. So, stick to the end.
Also Read – Save video from Facebook
How to download videos from Messenger?
One thing that you have to remember is that users can save videos sent to them by their owners over Facebook Messenger but cannot save videos that were initially put on some other Facebook page. So, what you can do is:
- Firstly, open the Messenger app on your Facebook device and then go to the conversation where the video that you want to download was sent.
- Now, hold the video file while it is still in preview mode. After holding the movie in place for a short while, select “Save” from the menu that appears. Remember that Facebook-originally-uploaded videos cannot be downloaded.
- Now, you may get a pop for allowing Facebook to access your phone’s storage or phone’s photo or video library.
- With this, the video will be saved or downloaded to your device. Now, you can head to your gallery and watch the video anytime you prefer even when you don’t have an internet connection.
NOTE: These steps work exactly the same way on both iOS and Android devices.
How to download videos from Messenger via Facebook Web?
- Open the Facebook website on your desktop and click on the messenger icon.
- Then, locate the chat in which the video you want to download was sent.
- Now, click on the small pointing-down arrow, lying next to the name of that friend.
- A new window will now pop up. From here select Open in Messenger.
- After you have located the video on the chat, click on the Media icon from the Menu.
- Now, click on the video and then click on the download icon from the top. Once the video is downloaded you can find it in the Download section of your PC or Laptop.
I hope with this you know how to save videos from Facebook Messenger. For more such informative pieces of content, you can follow WayBinary.com.